There are a few things you can do to make your small bathroom feel more spacious and comfortable. Here’s a quick look at the best options.

How To Make Your Small Bathroom Feel More Spacious

The proper way to maximize the space in a bathroom is to apply the 80/20 rule. That means 80% of your bathroom will house the necessities, and the other 20% will have free space.

Are you looking to make your small bathroom feel more spacious? Perhaps you’re about to move into a new place and want some ways to fit more into a small area. Or maybe you just need to decrease the clutter around you and need some fresh ideas.

Either way, we’ve got you covered. Keep reading to see the best ways to make your tiny bathroom feel enormous!


Maximize Vertical Space

Maximizing vertical space can be a key element in making a small bathroom appear larger. A great way to make use of the space up high is to install floating shelves. These can be used to store extra towels, toiletries, decorations, and other items that are easy to access.

Wall-mounted storage cabinets can also be great for storing items vertically. Another way to save on space is by having a tall, narrow linen closet rather than a bulky, low-standing one.

Utilize Mirrors to Create an Illusion of a Larger Space

Having two or more mirrors that are the same size hung in a row can create the illusion of a larger space. Placing mirrors on different sides of the room also helps with this effect. If a full-length mirror is used, it will make the ceiling appear higher and give the illusion of a larger room.

Having the proper mirror placement can help to draw attention away from the walls, floors, and ceilings, making the bathroom appear larger.

Paint Your Walls With Light Colors

If you are looking for a budget friendly small bathroom remodeling, painting your walls with light colors is a great option. It will help reflect light around the room, creating a more spacious feel. Opt for a light or neutral color scheme for bathroom fixtures and walls.

Pale blues, greens, and yellows will appear soothing and will bring dimension and life to the walls. Greige tones are also a popular choice as they complement any décor. For more impact, consider adding an accent wall.

Keep Clutter to a Minimum

Start by getting rid of any items that you don’t need in the bathroom, such as extra towels, unnecessary decorations, and cleaning products that you don’t use. Once your clutter is reduced, group the items you do keep for easy access and organization. Put items like lotions, shower items, and makeup in a storage basket or organizer.

An organized, clutter-free space will make your bathroom feel more spacious, allowing it to be both functional and welcoming.

A Few Tips to Make a Small Bathroom Look Bigger

Making bathroom improvements to create a more spacious feeling in a small bathroom can be a fun and creative project. Overall, there are many tips and tricks you can use to make a small bathroom appear larger. From utilizing light colors and mirrors to installing floating shelves, you can make a huge impact in a tiny space.

Put these ideas to work today and start creating the bathroom of your dreams!

Did this article help you? If so, take a look at some of our other blog posts for more informative reads.

Related Posts